I was recently awarded by Lina at Tiny Ugly Animal where I got the Liebster Award. This is the first time Iridium Eye Reviews has ever been nominated for any award on this platform. Thank you, Lina!
Here are the rules:
Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
Answer the 11 questions
Nominate 11 bloggers for the same award in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family
Ask them 11 questions!
Now here I go with these questions.
1. If you could nominate one movie for best movie, what movie would you nominate and why?
This is a tough one, and I have to think about all the things I’ve given a full 10 points to. I might say Before Your Eyes. Part of me is still kicking myself for not watching that movie sooner when I won that DVD from a contest from it’s US distributor Film Movement. Seriously, it’s a great film even though it’s very tragic. Before Your Eyes is certainly more deserving of an Oscar than most other films of the year winners part and present.
2. Do you have an artist that makes your little body wobble around?
That’s a strange usage of imagery, Lina. HAHAHA! I’ve been influenced by various artists, but not enough to wobble. Sorry. I’m just boring like that.
3. Give me a suggestion of a manga one should read. And if you don’t read manga, say an anime that is adapted from a manga one should watch.
I haven’t read as much manga as I used to, but one that I like is Hikaru no Go. Yes, there’s also an anime version, but the manga goes farther. That was one of the first manga series I read and collected, but the story, characters, and unique premise still hold up. I’m not big into Shonen Jump as much as I used to, but this is definitely an exception.
4. I don’t know how you’re going to make it to 11 questions, Lina.
5. I don’t know. Do you know?
6. Have you ever been singing karaoke? What did you sing? If you haven’t, would you like to?
I have sang karaoke before, but it’s been years since I’ve done so. One song I remember singing karaoke for was “Kryptonite” by 3 Doors Down for some weird reason. I don’t know why. I swear I have better musical tastes than that. Most of the stuff I like to sing has no karaoke options available.
7. How do you feel about it [Acapella Music]? As I understand it you need woolen hats and leather straps and a black dude singing really low tones. Is that true? What do you think about it?
I’m not super familiar with it, but I used to be in choir, so we did a ton of that stuff. You don’t necessarily need hats or leather straps to pull that off. Also, any ethnic group can sing low tones. I’m not knee deep into that genre, but I certainly appreciate it. Okay, this is the 90s kid coming out here, but I was a huge Carmen Sandiego fan. There was an acapella group called Rockapella who were the in-house musical group who also did one of my favorite theme songs ever. DO IT, ROCKAPELLA!
8. What’s your favorite pizza?
Margarita pizza or something with lots of olives, spinach, and tomatoes on top. In the words of Jarrod Alonge in his “Every Pop Punk Vocalist” video…PIZZA IS THE ESSENCE OF LIFE!
9. What is the strangest pizza you have ever heard of/eaten?
I haven’t eaten any strange pizza, but the weirdest ones I’ve heard of tako pizza which is literally octopus meat as a topping.
11. Who is your favorite super hero and why? Also, what would said super hero sing at your night out at the karaoke bar and what would their choice of drink be?
My favorite superhero is Nightcrawler from the X-Men. I first saw him on the 90s X-Men cartoon and thought he was so cool. I was able to sympathize with him being ostracized and assumed he was some kind of demon even though he’s obviously heroic. This part may be a little biased, but both of us have similar names since my name is Curtis and Nightcrawler’s real first name is Kurt…just sayin’. Nightcrawler doesn’t strike me as much of a drinker, so I’ll say he’ll have a soda. For some weird reason, I can actually picture him singing “This Is Me” from The Greatest Showman. The lyrics make too much sense given his character and backstory.
Now that I got that out of the way, I hereby nominate the following bloggers!
Here are my 11 questions for you. Since this is Iridium Eye, many of these questions will be film and anime related.
1. What is your favorite independent movie?
2. Which movie or anime series should get a remake despite not having one?
3. Which subject would you like to see a documentary on?
4. Which book/graphic novel/manga should be adapted in film or series form and why?
5. In your opinion, which movie would be the best ever if they could change one thing about it?
6. Who is the most underrated director in you eyes?
7. Which actor or actress should get (more) major roles in film?
8. Which countries do you think have the most fascinating film scenes?
9. If you could hang out with one actor, director, or writer for a day, who would it be and why? What things would you do together?
10. In a perfect world, which non-mainstream movie would win all the awards at the Oscars in your opinion?
11. Which animator, director, or creator is more influential than people give credit for? This has to be someone not as well known, but you feel their works influenced others in direct or indirect ways.