For all two of you who got that reference to the 90s indie rock band Driver Eight, congrats! If not, well…here’s the song itself so you know what I’m talking about.
There’s a brand new tag making the rounds and I was nominated with this Super Happy Love tag from Iniksbane. Thank you so much! This particular tag was created by the talented Pinkie, so props to her as well. I’m glad to see something new happening here on WordPress. This was made for positivity and I can sure use it. Thank you.
Here are the rules for the Super Happy Love tag according to Pinkie:
1. Thank the one who tagged you and if at all please tag the original post as well. This is my first blog tag and a bit of a passion project so I would like to see where it spreads! Oh and use Super-Happy-Love as a tag!
2. Display the Super Happy Love Logo in your post Share the rules!
3. Choose a minimum of 2 out of these 6 prompts to answer in this blog! More is always allowed! These six prompts are as follows!
– Tell about a person you love, this can be a friend, partner but also a celebrity or even YouTuber who means a lot to you. As long as they once took a breath on this earthly realm you are allowed to pick them… Tell us why you love them.
– Write something about a fandom or franchise you love. It can be your favorite game series or about just about anything that is bigger than just a single product! Tell us why you love this so much!
– Tell us something about a character that you love. Do you have a Waifu, a Husbando, maybe a mentor, or someone who taught you a valuable lesson? Tell us why you love them.
– Tell us something about a piece of music that you love. Does an anime intro mean a lot to you? Did you have a special memory of a pop song, like your first dance at your wedding? Maybe a piece of video game music? If you love it, you should tell us why!
– Show us why you love a piece of media so much! A Book, A Game, A Anime, A Movie maybe even a random piece of fan art, you are free to pick as long as you can show us why you love it.
– Write something about yourself that you love! For those who like a challenge, there is a hard mode in this blog prompt as well. Tell us why you love a certain aspect of yourself
4. Put on your rose-tinted glasses. For once you are allowed to gush about the things that you love without having to balance it out with negatives so that you seem objective. In fact, you are actively encouraged not to bring negativity into this tag. So no “Nowadays.. <topic> is poopoo but back in my days.. .it was great. Just say it was great! Love is blind after all!
5. Tag 6 bloggers you love so they can take on this challenge as well.
6. Everyone who comments something lovely about your post ALSO gets nominated. (Should they so choose)
Here we go. I’ll pick two of these prompts.
A piece of music I love:
This one has been pretty tough since my taste in music has changed over the past few years. I won’t repeat the Driver Eight example (for real, they are one of the most underrated indie rock bands and it’s a shame they only made one album). I’ve been getting into African music. I’ve listened to a few of it via Putomayo compilations. One example that I’ve been getting into is the late Congolese singer Papa Wemba. I’m enjoying his music and it has even helped with my Lingala prowess. Here’s one of his songs “Show Me the Way”. It’s in Lingala, but the chorus is obviously in English.
Write something about yourself that you love:
I intentionally gave myself the hardest prompt in the end. This is difficult since I still deal with severe low self-esteem issues even today. I love how I can still function in this world despite how cruel and horrific it is. I like that I have a heart for justice and equality as I want evil to be stopped. Wow, I think I unintentionally sound like a shonen hero in a certain sense. Okay, in all seriousness, no matter if it’s bullying, plagiarism, racism, or just the moral myopia of so many people, I’m glad I actually have enough humanity to care. It’s not enough for me to just post stuff on my blogs to spread awareness and hopefully educate people. I want to put in work to help out. Last summer, I donated 13 inches of my own hair as a wig for children who are going through chemotherapy or other terminal illnesses (my hair was shoulder-length before said donation). I’ve donated money to authentic charities that I know aren’t going to screw over the oppressed. I’ve even given several of my clothes away in a clothes drive because my wardrobe has been getting too big and there are people who need clothing more than me. Sorry for sounding sappy, but so many things are close to my heart.
Here are my nominees:
Good on you for making a difference, now that your hair is regrowing how about you get yourself a shonen protaganist haircut! Thank you for the shout-out and the lovely post! Veru touching!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, Pinkie! It’s certainly longer now compared to last Summer and I could probably style it with bangs like a few shonen protagonists I can think of. One example involves a character from an anime/manga I’ve rediscovered. Haha!
[…] Nominate around 1-6 bloggers.CrowHikariFredIniksbaneIridium EyeMononokeLynMegan […]
Another Award! You certainly deserve it. And no, no, no, you do not sound sappy. You sound like a person with a loving heart, a person wise with compassion, and whose living shall not be in vain.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, Xena! I appreciate the kind words. I’m glad this has been showing up in my posts and interactions.
LikeLiked by 1 person